HairMax Phototherapy Treatment
Over the past decade, much has been learned and much advancement has been made in “phototherapy” treatment, the use of low-level laser therapy (LLLT) to stimulate hair growth through a process known as “photo-biostimulation” of the hair follicles. Only one such product is backed by proven results in men and women.
The HairMax LaserComb®, by Lexington International, LLC, is the only laser therapy medical device proven to be effective for home treatment of hair loss in both men and women and has FDA clearance for marketing.* Therefore, it is the only laser device of this kind that will be reviewed by www.HairLossSolutions.com.
The HairMax LaserComb directions instruct users to use the device once every other day for 8 -15 minutes per session, depending on the number of lasers in the model. The more advanced models feature more lasers and a 8-11 minute treatment session; the lower priced model feature fewer lasers and requires a 15-minute session.
The patented teeth mechanism that is an integral part of the HairMax parts the hair to allow the laser light to reach and penetrate the scalp down to the follicles, where it can be most effective. Users usually see visible results after 8 – 12 weeks with some users requiring 16 weeks to see visible results. Continued use is required to support continued results.
How it Works
The HairMax bathes the scalp in a gentle, nourishing low level laser light, which penetrates into the scalp and into the hair follicles to stimulate hair growth. The lasers provide a cool, visible red light at a wave length of 655 nanometers.
The mechanism of action for LLLT’s is that the laser energy of the devices increase adenosine triphosphate (ATP) and increased amounts of this biological molecule cause individual cells to increase their activity. ATP is integral to the function of the cell as an ‘energy transporter’ which in turn increases cellular metabolism and cellular activity. Similar to the role of light in plant growth, the light is theorized to stimulate cell activity, providing the hair follicles with the energy and biological building blocks to transform from a weakened to a more healthy state, enabling the follicles to produce thicker hair.
A series of 3D videos are available to show and further explain how the product achieves these results at HairMax 3D Videos
Proven Results: 93% Success Rate In Clinical Trials
The low-level laser energy of the HairMax helps to revitalize hair follicles and makes hair grow more, thicker, fuller and overall – much healthier.*
In a series of clinical studies, the HairMax LaserComb® proved effective in treating hair loss and regrowing hair for 93% of participants. Since 2001, seven clinical studies have been conducted with 460 subjects and provide clinical evidence that the HairMax is effective and safe in Treating hereditary hair Loss*
Users in the HairMax treatment group had significantly greater increase in mean terminal hair count than subjects in the control group (placebo) . They also experienced significantly better subjective assessments of thickness and fullness of hair than subjects in the control group. None of the people experienced a serious adverse event from treatment with the HairMax.
Cleared By FDA For Men And Women
Based in part on a clinical study conducted in 2006 which proved the efficacy and safety of the HairMax , in 2007 the HairMax LaserComb was granted FDA (Class II) Clearance for marketing for treating hair loss in men.* In 2011 also based in part on the submission of the results of a clinical study proving the effective and safety of the HairMax in females the FDA granted FDA marketing Clearance for the device for treating women.* The HairMax only laser phototherapy medical device cleared by the FDA to treat hair loss and promote hair growth in both men and women.
The FDA submission process requires device manufacturers to adhere to very strict manufacturing and quality control standards. The bench mark of this level of quality is the attainment of ISO (International Organization for Standardization) certification which is a manufacturing standard around the world, especially for laser devices. In the United States in addition to ISO compliance, companies MUST be compliant with FDA standards for Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). Meeting the ISO standards and FDA Regulatory requirements, demonstrates a company’s commitment to safety and manufacturing quality of its medical devices. So both the HairMax clinical studies and the FDA Clearance attest to the safety and effectiveness of the product and treatment.
Lexington also has the support and endorsement of an esteemed international Medical Advisory Group. This group was formed to work together to advance hair care through ethical and sound scientific research and discovery. Each member of the board is already responsible for significant contributions to the hair care community through ethical, credible practices.
Finally , the HairMax is recommended by numerous physicians and health care professionals worldwide to treat hair loss and promote hair growth.
For more information on the HairMax LaserComb or our Healthy Hair Products please visit us at www.hairmax.com
No Drugs, No Serious Side Effects
The HairMax LaserComb® is a drug-free hair loss treatment that can be used alone and does not require the use of any other products with it to work. With the recent news of people experiencing some serious side effects from hair loss treatment drugs, the HairMax provides an effective treatment alternative with an excellent safety record.
In the over ten years the device has been on the market and throughout seven clinical studies conducted to date, there have never been any reports of serious side effects.
For more than ten years, the HairMax has been on the market and has been used by hundreds of thousands of people who have been very satisfied with their results. Greater than 90% user satisfaction has been reported. Even with a 20-week money-back guarantee, there has been less than a 3% return rate.
Many satisfied HairMax users are only happy to share their results with others. Many love the product, the results, and the company support. You can see results of treatment and you can watch and listen to actual testimonials on hairmax lasercomb official website.
Pros of HairMax LaserComb
1. Proven to be effective and safe. In a series of clinical studies, the HairMax LaserComb proved effective and safe in treating hair loss and regrowing hair for 93% of participants, both men and women.*
2. No drugs. Low level laser therapy treatments is effective when used alone without any drugs or other treatments.
3. FDA Cleared. The HairMax LaserComb is the only home use medical device on the market with FDA clearance to treat hair loss and regrow hair in men and women.
4. No serious side effects. In the over ten years the device has been on the market and throughin seven clinical studies there has been no reports of any serious side effects.
5. Easy to use. The HairMax is convenient and is easy to use in the comfort of ones’ home requiring only 3 treatments each week to be effective.
6. Low cost over time . The price of a HairMax LaserComb ranges generally from US$295 to US$545 as a one-time purchase depending on the model. It comes with a money back guarantee. No ongoing costs are involved. Therefore, over a few years, the cost of laser treatment is more economical than other treatments. Over the longer term, it is a far more economical option than the alternatives.
7. Easily accessible. A HairMax LaserComb can be easily ordered from the company’s website, by phone, or from many online retailers such as Amazon.
Cons of HairMax LaserComb
1. Does not work for everyone. As with any other treatment for hair loss, there is a small minority of people for which the device will not work. However, the device works for most men and women, as in clinical trials more than 93% of test subjects experienced hair growth.
2. Takes 2 – 3 months to experience results. For most users, noticeable results are usually experienced after 2 -3 months of continued treatment.
3. Initial Shedding: As with some other treatments for hair loss, some users may experience hair shedding at the beginning of treatment. However, this is a sign that the HairMax is working and the shedding usually stops with a couple of months of treatment.
4. Continued use is required. Laser therapy must be performed continuously to maintain results. If stopped, the patient will see their hair return to where it was before treatment.